Installment 36 considers the particulars of sense memory. In recalling scenes from a distant past, Larry D. Thacker focuses on the physical sensations surrounding emotional events (rather than the emotions themselves). Sensory details are what bring his memories to life. *** The Barn The sawdust floor always felt spongy with oil. Though he was long gone, hints of the horse’s rich manure lingered in the stall, mixed in straw shard and pressed to sweet rot under cardboard boxes stacked beyond remembered contents. Walls lined with gravity pulled chains and tools, the Coke sled. Sweet heady canisters of gasoline. The...Read More
Author: Larry D, Thacker
- Working Men’s Club — Bad Blood (single)
- Broken Social Scene — Let’s Try the After, Vol. 1 (EP)
- The Enduring Legacy of Slavery
- Border Walls and Alien Homelands: Reflections on Dariusz Stola’s Lecture, “The “Anti-Zionist” Campaign in Poland, 1967-68, and Its Echoes Today.”
- Entering Sadr City on Report of Troops in Contact, Fortune, and Muscle Memory by Steven Croft
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to Politics/Letters Live for regular updates and special content.